Tuesday 12 July 2016

Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Whispered by Clara Cheng at 10:20 pm

Hopeless | Colleen Hoover
Publication Date: October 8th 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Genre: Romance, New Adult, Contemporary
Owned, Paperback, 408 pages

Synopsis:
Sky Davis is starting sixth form having always been home-schooled, and wants to keep a low profile. But then she runs into Dean Holder - messy brown hair, smouldering blue eyes, and a temper straight out of Fight Club, someone who Sky is determined to avoid.

There is something about Holder that sparks memories of Sky's troubled past, those which she would rather stay buried. Little does she know that the mysterious Dean Holder is harbouring secrets of his own...

When the truth unravels, Sky must piece her life back together and learn to trust again. Only by facing the revelations together can the two of them begin to heal their emotional scars and find a way to live without boundaries.

My Review: ★★★★★

"Sky, I'm not kissing you tonight but believe me when I tell you, I've never wanted to kiss a girl more. So stop thinking I'm not attracted to you because you have no idea just how much I am. You can hold my hand, you can run your fingers through my hair, you can straddle me while I feed you spaghetti, but you are not getting kissed tonight. And probably not tomorrow, either. I need this. I need to know for sure that you're feeling every single thing that I'm feeling the moment my lips touch yours. Because I want your first kiss to be the best first kiss in the history of first kisses."

Sigh ---- that was the first thing I did when I read till the last page. I've used too much of my time and energy to dwell on this perfection. Believe me, as much as I wished to finish the book, I just couldn't. There was too much emotion pouring out. This book is full of feelings and my heart could hardly take up the limit.

I loved how Holder had constantly teasing Sky with flirtatious texts. I loved how their brilliant conversations had made me laugh. I loved how the story was switched back and forth to unfold those eventful things. I loved Holder, Sky, Breckin, Six, Karen and Jack. Their relationships positively showed the purest beauty of love, be it a romance, friendship or from a mother.

Even until now, looking into those loving quotes, the sparks of romance are still lingering in the air, can you feel them? And I'm not ready for it to leave just yet.

"I live you, Sky," he says against my lips. "I live you so much."

Perfect for this book:


Who says, who says?
Who says truth is beauty after all?
And who says love should break us when we fall?

But if we're strong enough
To let it in
We're strong enough
To let it go


With love,
post signature

3 lovely confession(s):

CG @ Paper Fury on 15 July 2016 at 17:13 said...

ohhh this sounds like an excellent book! I'm very all for books that are emotional and characters that leap off the page! :D I've only read one Colleen Hoover book and I didn't love it so much *weeps* but maybe I should give her stories a second chance, right?!?

Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

Lola on 17 July 2016 at 22:37 said...

Ooh this book <333
I think it was the first New Adult book that I ever read and definitely the first CoHo book. I really wasn't expecting the kidnapping thing, and oh did it make me emotional. Lovely review! xo

Carynn on 20 July 2016 at 09:32 said...

I've never read any of CoHo's books mainly because I didn't think I would enjoy it but after your review, I'm reconsidering! Lovely review Clara!

 

♥ La Sourire